Tankless Water Heater Benefits
Conventional storage tank water heaters have been around for a very long time; since the beginning of the twentieth century. Most household appliances have gone through drastic changes since then but the water heater has not. That is beginning to change with the advent of the tankless water heater.
The old type water heater is very inefficient and is beset with many problems. As energy costs rise and with environmental concerns at an all-time high, the concept of a tankless water heater has taken root. This “on-demand” device is a great appliance for many homeowners.
If you want to save energy, and money, a tankless water heating installation in Jacksonville, FL is just the thing for you. Your family and your pocketbook will thank you for it.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
There are many advantages to installing a tankless water heater. A few of these are listed below:
- Energy savings – The old tank style water heaters waste 20-40% of the energy they use due to thermal heat loss. Heat simply radiates away from the unit. The tankless model will save up to 50% on water heating costs. The appliance only runs when it’s needed and there is no need to store any water.
- Hot water supply – Have you ever been the last person to shower at night in your household? Were you met with a deluge of lukewarm or cold water that caused you to shiver instead of enjoy a hot shower? You probably had to wait for a long period of time to shower if you wanted hot water. That problem is eliminated with a tankless water heater. They can run all day long and never run out of hot water.
- Water is never too hot – Tankless heaters allow you to set the temperature lower than the old tank type models. This lower setting will be much a more reasonable and safer temperature. The old tank models had to be set a pretty high temperature to ensure plenty hot water for everyone. There is always the risk of scalding children and others susceptible to very hot water. This is not a concern for the tankless models. For every 10 degrees Fahrenheit you lower your water temperature you will save 3-5% in energy costs.
- Hard water handling – A tankless water heater handles minerals and other sediments very well. They will have a much longer warranty than the old style waters heaters. Minerals shorten the life span and efficiency of tank type heaters. This often causes leaks. Tankless models are much less likely to leak and rupture and generally stay efficient through their entire life cycle.
- Life cycle – The tankless water heater has a life span of 20 years, or even longer. The tank type heaters life span is about 6-12 years. They are also bulky and take up a lot of space in landfills when they are discarded.
- Small footprint – A tank type water heater is bulky. They take up lots of room. The tankless heater is much smaller. They take up a lot less room and that is important if you have space issues or live in a condo or apartment.
- Maintenance – Maintenance issues generally disappear with tankless units. There is not a whole lot that can go wrong with the device. Checking the filter on the machine and flushing it out every now and then it all that is needed. The old tank types … well, it seems that something was always going wrong with them or needed to be done to them.
- Green approval – Many tankless water heaters have earned the Energy Star approval from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. These strict energy guidelines mean you are getting the best appliance for your money.
As you can see from the benefits listed above you can’t really go wrong with a tankless water heater installation in Jacksonville. The benefits to having this unit far outweigh the alternative, an old style tank type heater.
If you have not thought about a tankless water heater, look into one now. Next time you need to replace your old type water heat step up to a tankless model. The energy savings alone will pay for the unit in no time. Go tankless and go take a nice hot shower!