In a perfect world, you could rely on your system to function properly all year long. Unfortunately, systems tend to break when you need them the most. The certified contractors at Fenwick Home Services provide heat pump and furnace tune-up services in Jacksonville and other areas of Florida. Give our team a call by phone at (904) 217-5694 to receive assistance with an emergency HVAC problem.
What Is an HVAC Tune-up?
With an HVAC tune-up, you can get your system into working order. In general, you need an HVAC tune-up twice per year. When you have a Fenwick technician come to maintain or fix your system we always work off our 21 point inspection checklist:
- Check thermostat functions, settings, and location. Depending on the type of thermostat you have we make sure it is working accurately.
- Check, clean, and replace the filter system as needed. We supply a filter for you with every inspection.
- Use a brush to clean the Evaporator Coil: Keeping this coil clean results in better airflow and maximum cooling efficiency.
- Rinse Evaporator Coil with an anti-bacterial solution. This will keep bacteria from growing and affecting indoor air quality.
- Clean out the drain pan. Algae builds up over time causing odor and drain obstruction.
- Flush the Condensate Drain Line. Clogged drain lines cause water damage and system failure during peak season conditions.
- Check the Blower Wheel. Dirt and mildew buildup can cause insufficient airflow and blower motor failure.
- Blower Motor Amperage: Improper amperage can be a sign of motor failure or another electrical issue within the system.
- Temperature Differential: Testing the temperature difference from the return to the supply of your system ensures maximum performance.
- Airflow Pressure Test: High or low air pressure will cause uneven heating and cooling in the home and can result in premature motor failure.
- Heat Strip Amperage: We make sure heat strips are pulling the correct amount of electricity and are functioning properly.
- Test Defrost Board: This is the “Brain” of any Heat Pump. Any loose connections, burns, or shorts will affect both the heating and cooling of the system.
- Check Refrigerant Levels: Proper refrigerant charge ensures efficiency and maximum cooling capacity.
- Perform an inspection of the Air Handler. We check for any worn or burnt parts that may be problematic in the future.
- Tighten Electrical Connections. Loose connections cause wires to burn resulting in system failure.
- Tighten Screws. Vibrations can be a nuisance and can also cause electrical components to wear out.
- Compressor Amperage: Compressors are the heart of any Heat Pump or A/C and one of the most expensive parts to replace, ensuring proper operation is paramount.
- Outdoor Fan Motor Amperage: Improper amperage can be a sign of motor failure or another electrical issue within the system.
- Check All Capacitors. Your system may have up to 4 of these, they are essential to the proper operation of all your system’s major motors.
- Check Fan Blade Alignment. Improper alignment will cause the fan motor to over amp and unnecessary noise and vibration.
- Check All Electrical Relays. Relays that are burnt or shorted can fail to send proper voltage to other components.
What Type of HVAC Tune-up Do I Need?
The type of HVAC, heat pump, or furnace tune-up you get depends on what kind of system is in your home. For example, your technician from Fenwick Home Services may help you maintain and repair mini-split systems or heat pumps.
A mini-split system includes an indoor air-handling unit and an outdoor condenser. With a mini-split system, you are able to control the temperature in individual rooms or areas.
A heat pump works during the summer and winter to alternatively heat and cool your home. During the winter, it extracts heat from the outside air and transfers it inside of your home. In the summer, the system reverses direction and transfers the heat from inside your home to the outside air. Biannual HVAC tune-ups are recommended for heat pumps, mini-split systems, and furnaces.
Fenwick Services Offers HVAC Tune-up Services
If you need an HVAC tune-up, Fenwick Services can help. Our experienced technicians provide all of your air conditioning and heating maintenance to ensure everything is running as it should. The team of contractors at Fenwick Home Services also provides safe and dependable repair services for furnaces, heat pumps, and central air conditioners.To learn more about our HVAC tune-up services, call us today!