Rescue Renovation: Bathroom Remodeling
Have you been considering remodeling an antiquated and outdated bathroom? As the years roll by, your bathroom goes through a lot of use. The average bathroom today most likely has a leaky toilet, a leaky faucet, drains that run sluggishly, and worn out fixtures that detract from the overall aesthetic of your bathroom. Think about it: your bathroom is one of the most active areas of your home, so why shouldn’t it be both highly functional and attractive?
Repairs and Upgrades
Consider that leaky toilet or bathtub faucet. Most people have no idea how much money is literally going down the drain with these types of leaks. In some cases, a leak can waste precious water (and your funds) 24 hours a day, seven days a week for months or even years. Bathroom remodeling in your Jacksonville, Florida home does not have to be overly costly. So, the first thing that you need to establish is the budget for your project. Once that is set, then you can consider the extent to which you want to renovate your bathroom.
Questions to Answer
Some questions you may want to consider before embarking on a renovation:
- Are you planning to replace all the fixtures in your bathroom?
- Do you think you would rather have the ultimate in personal indulgence by installing a new garden tub or even a spa in place of your old bathtub?
- Will you replace the sink and vanity as well?
- Will you add new lighting to your bathroom? This can make a small bathroom seem larger.
- Do you have ventilation issues that need to be addressed? Excess moisture causes mold, which in turn creates health problems for you and your family.
In addition, look for signs that your old toilet needs to be replaced:
- frequently running
- frequently clogged
- cracked or leaking
- frequently in need of repairs
If you have decided to replace your old toilet, consider installing a new, energy efficient low flow toilet. There are several different options for you to choose from:
- gravity toilet: uses only 1.28 gallons of water per flush and siphons the water through the trap
- dual flush toilet: has two buttons to flush–one for liquids and the other for solid wastes
- pressure assist toilet: uses only one gallon per flush, as it forces the water through at an extremely fast rate
Because these toilets use so little water, they will save you a considerable amount on your water bill over the lifetime of the toilet while protect the environment at the same time.
For a Limited Budget
If your budget is small, you might consider refinishing your bathtub, shower, and sink to give them a fresh, new look. This is far less costly, and yet the results are dramatically improved. In addition, you consider updating certain aspects of the bathroom, such as the toilet and fixtures.
Take into account the flooring. Replace old tile or linoleum flooring with beautiful new ceramic flooring. If the tile in your bathtub area looks bad after years of use, you could re-grout it to give it a fresh new look, or consider a tub enclosure to make it look brand new.
These clever fixes cost you far less than a completely new remodel. Yet, they can give your bathroom an updated, fresh look, while maintaining your budget.
Seek out a Quality Plumbing Company
Regardless of what you decide to change in your bathroom, call in a good plumbing company to do all the difficult parts of the job, and then do the rest yourself. This will give you considerable savings and you will feel satisfied that you had a part in the final design of things.
Be completely honest with yourself, though. Think about what kind of DIY skills you have; you don’t want to get into a project just to find out that you are not qualified to finish it properly, only to then have to call in the professionals to fix your mess.
Your bathroom remodeling project in Jacksonville, Florida, can be as elaborate or as simple as you want to make it. The right plumbing company will be glad to help you in any way with any aspect of your plumbing remodeling plans.