The new year is coming at us full force and that means it’s time for the roll out of all new trends in bathroom design.
If your New Year’s resolution includes designing or remodeling a new master bathroom, then you’re in luck. We’ve got the hottest bathroom designs for 2014 and we here at Fenwick Home Services in Jacksonville, FL are eager to share them with you.
While the design of your particular bathroom will vary greatly from your neighbor’s, the theme for bathroom designs in 2014 is unanimous: water and fluidity. And, though this free-flowing resource is nothing new to the bathroom, the texture and aesthetic appeal is all-new.
- Smooth flow: Water may trickle or it may pour, but one thing remains standard: it flows. You can boast this design feature in your bathroom by using smooth-flowing lines that run seamlessly into the next. Imagine rounded sinks and bathtubs, complimented by a curving architectural design – one with no abrupt edges or harsh lines – which allow you to settle peacefully into your our personal spa.
- Ample lighting: In keeping with a flowing theme, your 2014 bathroom design is encouraged to incorporate lighting wherever possible. This includes over-head lighting, task lighting and of course, natural light. The most luxurious bathrooms of 2014 feature skylights, transom or other high windows which allow an abundance of natural light to enter your room without compromising your privacy.
- Minimalist design: The time you spend in your bathroom should be used to relax and rejuvenate, but that is not so easily done when there is a lot of clutter, accessories, or complex designs which could over-stimulate your senses. That’s why designer bathrooms in 2014 will be different, featuring serenity and space. You can accomplished with the use of large mirrors and toned-down features like pedestal sinks.
- Modern showers: 2014 will also feature relaxing shower designs, including larger spaces and waterfall shower heads. Showers will more often be made of glass and will use hinged, as opposed to sliding, doors, allowing for more light and air to enter. You might consider replacing an outdated bathtub with a super-sized shower or go with an open shower design.
- Tantalizing texture: Next year, expect the emphasis on bathroom color to go out and an incorporation of textures to come in. Wallpaper and wood-grains will be especially common, as will the use of pebbles or other natural aesthetics. It is important to remember, however, that the use of these things will depend largely on their location; wood, wallpaper and certain adhesives may not be able to withstand high levels of moisture.
- Environmentally efficient: Water and energy conservation is a common concern, especially in the bathroom. Bathroom designs in 2014 will reduce the burden of these environmental concerns, though. Thanks to the innovative tankless water heating systems, your bathroom can now have heated water on-demand while saving valuable energy. The installation of low-flow toilets and water-efficient faucets and accessories, will further improve the efficiency of your new bathroom. Fenwick Home Services in Jacksonville, FL can help with the process.
- Extras: The modern family is too busy to schedule in spa days, but that doesn’t mean they can’t have them. Bathrooms in 2014 will be able to incorporate all of the frills of a real spa right at home by adding things like steam rooms and saunas which need only take up a few extra square feet of space. Heated floors are another common upgrade that you will no doubt find comforting the next time you finish a shower on a cold winter day.
If your kitchen is the heart of your home, then the bathroom is its soul. Cherish it for all that it is and all that it can be with an upgrade to a 2014 bathroom design thanks to Fenwick Home Services in Jacksonville, FL where we provide fast, friendly service every time.